give yourself a break—sign up for our
Chicagoland healthy lunch program
Your kids can bring their own lunch to summer camp. Or you can sign up for our optional fresh lunch program and score some summer relief for yourself, too.
We partner with school lunch provider, Gourmet Gorilla, to provide better nutrition and safer food, but also help the local economy, promote food security, and encourage environmental responsibility. All of Gourmet Gorilla’s meals are made from scratch in their 100% nut-free kitchen. They use organic produce & dairy, all natural & grass fed meats, and organic grains. And all of their meals are served in reusable or biodegradable containers.
With Gourmet Gorilla, every day includes a morning snack (click here for a morning snack menu), plus a lunch comprised of a generous entree, two sides and a snack.
Please note that a drink is not included. Be sure to pack your own.
The Gourmet Gorilla menu offers a daily hot lunch option and 12 cold lunch options, providing you with a wide variety of options to choose from every day! The hot menu options are changing daily with popular items like BBQ Chicken, Mac and Cheese and Crispy Chicken Tenders appearing regularly on the hot menu, and Turkey Swiss, Sunbutter & Jelly and Ranch Chicken Wraps on the cold menu.
HOW MUCH IT COSTS
Lunch prices vary based on your individual selections. Daily prices will range from $6.25 to $6.75 depending on what you choose.
PORTION & NUTRITION
Gourmet Gorilla provides healthy local and organic food for kids, with an emphasis on foods that are familiar to children, while occasionally pushing the envelope of taste and food experience. Their menus are as much learning and educational experiences as they are healthy eating options.
Gourmet Gorilla recipes are designed to meet and exceed the USDA Recommended Daily Allowances and Guidelines for Healthy Lunches, Illinois Board of Education and City of Chicago Board of Education meal requirements. All their meals are kid tested and developed with 1 to 12 year olds in mind.
They pride themselves on using the freshest, highest quality ingredients. All of their meals are made from scratch in their 100% nut-free kitchen and they use local and organic produce & dairy as much as possible.
- Hormone-free and antibiotic-free poultry, meats and dairy
- 100% trans-fat free
- No MSG or high fructose corn syrup
- No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
Nutrition information on any of our Gourmet Gorilla's meals or specific information for health or allergies can be requested from them by contacting their dietitian at email@example.com or by calling their Customer Service line at 1.877.219.3663.
HOW TO SIGN UP
- Click here to visit Gourmet Gorilla's registration page.
- If you're a new user, register and create an account by clicking on “New User? Sign up here!”
- After registering, you'll see a welcome message with directions on how to complete your profile and order lunch. Follow the directions on that page (which will also be emailed to you).
- If you already have an account with Gourmet Gorilla, simply log in and update your profile with the Galileo “Organization Code” (below).
- Make sure you completely “finish your profile” along with the “add children” section by entering the “Organization Code” for each of your children. It's important that you select the correct code. If you can't remember what camp you signed up for, log in to your Galileo account.
Here are the Organization Codes for Camp Galileo & Galileo Summer Quest:
- Arlington Heights Camp Galileo (PreK - 5th grade) - GA195
- Lakeview Camp Galileo (PreK - 5th grade) - GA189
- Lakeview Galileo Summer Quest (5th - 8th grade) - GA190
- Lincoln Park Camp Galileo (PreK - 5th grade) - GA197
- Lincoln Park Galileo Summer Quest (5th - 8th grade) - GA194
- Winnetka Camp Galileo (PreK - 5th grade) - GA191
- Winnetka Galileo Summer Quest (5th - 8th grade) - GA192
- To order lunch, click on "Let’s Pack Lunch!"
- Select the child whose lunch you want to pack from the dropdown list and select from the interactive calendar/menu.
- Customize your child’s lunch each day by choosing one entree and two sides.
- Only order lunches for the weeks your child is attending camp.
- Lunches must be ordered and customized by midnight on the Wednesday before your camp week begins.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: When you’re finished selecting lunches, make sure to checkout! During checkout, you will be prompted to enter your credit card info. If you do not checkout, your order is not complete and your child’s lunches will not be delivered.
- You will receive an order confirmation shortly after placing your order, please review to make sure all orders are accurate. If you do not receive a confirmation email, call Gourmet Gorilla.
For any cancellations/changes, Gourmet Gorilla requires 48 hours notice: please call Gourmet Gorilla with any absences or session changes at 877.219.FOOD (3663). And remember that lunch must be ordered the by midnight on Wednesday the week before your camp week begins.
Please contact Gourmet Gorilla for all questions related to lunch: 1.877.219.3663, firstname.lastname@example.org