give yourself a break—sign up for our
Healthy lunch program
Your kids can bring their own lunch to summer camp. Or you can sign up for our optional healthy lunch program and score some summer relief for yourself, too.
We partner with school lunch purveyor extraordinaire, Choicelunch, to provide the most nutritious, delicious meals around. The Choicelunch menu is large, with more than five lunch entrée options every day. The choices change constantly, but perennial options include Annie’s Mac & Cheese, Spaghetti Marinara, Bean and Cheese Burrito and Bagel Dog.
LUNCH INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA:
With Choicelunch, every day includes a morning snack, plus a lunch comprised of a generous entrée, a healthy snack and fresh-cut fruit.
Please note that a drink is not included. Be sure to pack your own.
HOW MUCH IT COSTS
Lunch is $38 a week at all Galileo camps located in California: Camp Galileo, Galileo Summer Quest, and Summer Camps @ The Tech.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Order Choicelunch when you sign up for camp. To add lunch to an existing order, log in to your Galileo account, click "Add Lunch/Extended Care" next to your camper’s name. Click “Go” on the next page. Next select your camp program, camp location, and then click the "Lunch" box for the weeks you want to add lunch. Finally complete the registration by purchasing lunch.
All lunch orders must be received by Wednesday at 5 pm the week before camp.
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR LUNCH ORDER
Choicelunch automatically assigns your camper a different entrée for every day of the week. If this set menu looks good to you, there’s nothing more you need to do. If you’d like to customize your camper’s menu, here’s how to do it:
1. If you signed up for lunch before May 5: Look for an email from Choicelunch on May 6 with your username and password for choicelunch.com. If you signed up for lunch after May 5: Look for your email from Choicelunch within one business day of signing up. Note: If you already use Choicelunch during the school year, this will be different account information.
2. Follow the link in the email to log in to your Choicelunch account and accept their terms and conditions.
3. Take a look at your camper’s menu and decide what changes you’d like to make. For each entrée you’d like to change:
- Click the day you wish to change
- Click “Customize Lunch”
- A pop-up screen will ask, “Are you sure?” Click “I’m sure, change lunch”
- Choose an alternate entrée from the menu on the left side of the screen
- Click “Order Lunch”
- Repeat the above steps for each entrée you would like to customize
- Verify changes by clicking on the "Calendar" tab at the top of your screen.
All lunch order customization must be completed by Thursday at 5 pm the week before camp.
PORTION & NUTRITION
Portion sizes are based on the USDA Recommended Daily Allowances and Guidelines for Healthy Lunches.
Nutrition information can be found when you’re customizing lunch within your account at Choicelunch.com. To the right of the entrée photo, you’ll see three tabs – including “nutrition”.
If you need specific information for health or allergy reasons please contact the Choicelunch nutritionist at email@example.com.
Choicelunch ingredients adhere to the following standards:
- Hormone-free and antibiotic-free poultry, meats and dairy
- 100% trans-fat free
- No MSG or high fructose corn syrup
- No artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners
- Organic and local fresh fruits and vegetables, whenever possible