What it Takes to Be a Team Leader
Generally college students or recent college grads, Team Leaders play the central role in each Camp Galileo camper’s summer experience, managing their own teams of pre-K – 5th graders.
Team Leaders build team spirit, develop individual relationships with their campers (and their campers’ parents), assist instructors in the classroom and have seemingly limitless amounts of energy. Experience leading packs of kids in costume and writing boisterous cheers comes in handy, but isn’t required. Team Leader positions with shorter summer commitments also available.
What You’ll Do at Camp
- Enthusiastically guide pre-K to 5th grade campers as they embark on innovative art, science, and outdoor play adventures.
- Make every moment count by filling transition times with games and jokes, utilizing each opportunity to make your team feel special.
- Soak in the Galileo Innovation Approach® and gain knowledge you’ll employ in both life and work, long after the camp season ends.
- Create a safe, fearless and engaging learning environment for all campers.
- Work with instructors to develop valuable classroom management and teaching techniques.
- Share the magic of camp with families while providing excellent customer service.
What We’ll Do Together
- Work hard. We can’t make the world a better place by sitting around. Days are long and full. And worth it.
- Play hard. It’s like ‘bring your inner child to work’ day. All summer long.
- Stretch ourselves, exhibiting silly-putty-like flexibility.
- Whatever it takes. Being a Galilean means doing whatever needs to be done, whenever it needs doing.
- Reflect on our experiences every day, becoming even better versions of our best selves.
- Build a life-long community of exceptional peers.
- Change the world.
Other positions you may like
You may also be a fit for these camp roles:
Inspired but not available all summer?
A perfect opportunity for those open to or requiring a shorter summer commitment, substitutes fill in for absences lasting a day, a week, and sometimes longer. To appropriately compensate these staff for the on-call nature of these positions, substitute compensation includes potential for a sizeable summer bonus.
CONNECT WITH US
Want to dig in and learn more about Galileo? See how we’re bringing our brand of fearless innovation to a wider audience of kids, and hear what our partners say about working with Galileo summer staff. You can also join our jobs mailing list and connect with us on social media to stay up to date on Galileo job openings, company news, and events.