Operations Coordinator & Program Assistant
What it Takes to Be an Operations Coordinator or Program Assistant
The organized faces of operations, customer service, and parent peace of mind, our coordinators provide administrative leadership to the entire team.
Each camp’s Operations Coordinator provides administrative support to the Camp Director and the camp staff. From running camper check-in and check-out to interfacing with HQ, Operations Coordinators ensure a seamless experience for campers and staff alike. Multi-tasking mavens, computer pros and project management gurus welcome.
The Program Assistant is the behind-the-scenes programming guru of each site. Along with the Operations Coordinator, this leadership role sets the tone for service mentality and work ethic for every other camp staff member. Perfect for those that love databases and camp songs alike.
What You’ll Do at Camp
- Joyfully manage operations and the camp office, while providing impeccable support to the entire camp team.
- Be your camp’s role model of excellent customer service, while sharing the magic of camp with families.
- Master the Galileo Innovation Approach® and gain knowledge you’ll employ in both life and work, long after the camp season ends.
- Create a safe, fearless and engaging learning environment for all campers.
- Mentor fellow staff, and work with your Camp Director to strengthen team and program management skills.
What We’ll Do Together
- Work hard. We can’t make the world a better place by sitting around. Days are long and full. And worth it.
- Play hard. It’s like ‘bring your inner child to work’ day. All summer long.
- Stretch ourselves, exhibiting silly-putty-like flexibility.
- Whatever it takes. Being a Galilean means doing whatever needs to be done, whenever it needs doing.
- Reflect on our experiences every day, becoming even better versions of our best selves.
- Build a life-long community of exceptional peers.
- Change the world.
Ready to Apply?
Other Positions You May Like
You may also be a fit for these camp roles:
Inspired but not available all summer?
A perfect opportunity for those open to or requiring a shorter summer commitment, substitutes fill in for absences lasting a day, a week, and sometimes longer. To appropriately compensate these staff for the on-call nature of these positions, substitute compensation includes potential for a sizeable summer bonus.
CONNECT WITH US
Want to dig in and learn more about Galileo? See how we’re bringing our brand of fearless innovation to a wider audience of kids, and hear what our partners say about working with Galileo summer staff. You can also join our jobs mailing list and connect with us on social media to stay up to date on Galileo job openings, company news, and events.