Take a seat in the director’s chair
Don’t just join the movement—lead it. Galileo’s Camp Directors bring our totally audacious mission uniquely to life at each of our 38 camps.
As a Camp Director, you’re at the center of your own buzzing hive of innovation, hiring your staff, managing their professional development, overseeing camp operations, building relationships with parents and members of the community and inspiring campers from preschool to middle school to explore and fail without fear. Plus, you’ll develop your camp’s own personal flavor, creating the traditions and culture that make your slice of Galileo one of a kind.
Camp Directors come to us excellent and become even better, thanks to abundant support and coaching from experienced educators. We also pay well—you’ll earn $10 – 13,000 in your first year, with 20 – 40% increases in subsequent years.
What is a Galileo Camp Director made of? Here are the basics:
- A polished professional with a college degree and significant experience working with kids and managing teams
- The leadership skills to select and manage a team of 15 – 40 staff members
- A passion for education, a willingness to take risks and a strong sense of fun
- Creativity, personality and enthusiasm
- Accountability, organization and an eye for details
- A commitment of at least three summers
- Availability to work approximately 10 hours per week from January – June, attend several weekend retreats and work full time for 6 – 8 weeks of the summer
We are always looking for great Camp Director candidates and accept applications year round. We start interviewing as early as mid-summer for the following season, so apply now. Positions fill on a rolling basis, so the earlier you apply, the better your chances of finding a fit. Browse open positions.